It's time for a new Blackat run! This time it's all about simple, satin finished open grain workhorse machines. We focused on making these affordable so we've cut all options that are potentially troublesome or add unnecessary cost (or are time consuming). This way we can deliver guitars faster and make the whole process smooth without outsourcing work to big factories in China or Indonesia.
- Body wood is European Ash exclusively
- Choice of Mahogany or Maple for neck wood
- Maple fretboard
- 36 mm bodies with armrest, bevels possible if shape is compatible
- Choice of 3 headstock shapes
- Choice of scales, including multiscale and new 26.25"
- Stainless steel frets
- Green luminlay sidedots
- Bare Knuckle (including affordable Boot Camp line) and Fishman pickups
- 3-way toggle for HH, 5-way for HSH
- 2-way toggle for passive pickups for series/parallel selection
- 2-way toggle for Fishman pickups for Voice selection
- Single coils possible for non multiscale 6 and 7 strings (only BKP)
- Hipshot hardtail, Schaller Vintage Tremolo and ABM bridges (headless)
- Dunlop strap pins (compatible with Straploks)
- Hipshot o-ring knobs
- Volume or Volume+Tone
- Hipshot open gear locking tuners
- Graphtech Black TUSQ nut
- Blackat reinforced Softcase (super sturdy gigbag)
Builds will be made in batches of 6. We expect to have 3 batches (18 builds) in total for this run. Payment is 50% deposit upfront, final payment (50%+shipping cost) when build is ready. First batch should take 6-7 months however we don't guarantee delivery times for headless builds because wait for hardware can be up to 6 months so please be advised that these will be ready when they're ready.
Now let the fun begin: